Top 10 Grill Covers
|Veranda||Gardelle Fabric ||X-Large||70.00 x 24.00 x 48.00|
|Weber||Polyester||Medium||60.00 x 28.00 x 44.40|
|Scala||600D Fabric||Medium||58.00 x 24.00 x 48.00|
|Masterbuilt||Polyester||Small||30.90 x 18.10 x 16.90|
|Garden Home||600D Fabric||Medium||58.00 x 24.00 x 48.00|
|LiBa||600D Fabric||Medium||58.00 x 24.00 x 48.00|
|Homitt||600D Oxford Fabric||Medium||58.00 x 24.00 x 48.00|
|Kingkong||Polyester||Medium||60.00 x 28.00 x 44.00|
|Char-Broil||600D x 300D Polyester||Medium||53.00 x 62.00 x 21.60|
|Char-Griller||Polyester||Medium||62.00 x 25.00 x 50.00|
Grill Cover Comparison
|70.00 x 24.00 x 48.00||60.00 x 28.00 x 44.40||58.00 x 24.00 x 48.00||30.90 x 18.10 x 16.90||58.00 x 24.00 x 48.00||58.00 x 24.00 x 48.00||58.00 x 24.00 x 48.00||60.00 x 28.00 x 44.00||53.00 x 62.00 x 21.60||62.00 x 25.00 x 50.00|
|Polyester||600D x 300D |
Grill Cover Buying Guide
There are many different materials that are used to make a grill cover. We have listed the most common grill covers a long with characteristics of each so you can tell the difference between each type.
- Polyester – Polyester grill covers are very durable and lightweight. They dry quickly which is very good for keeping dampness off your grill. Polyester grill covers can be used in any type of climate or weather including winter frost, extreme heat and sun and heavy rains. The fibers used to make polyester grill covers are treated with chemical to be water and sun resistant.
- Vinyl – Vinyl grill covers are waterproof which is their best characteristic. Since this cover will be used outside all the time and will be subjected to the elements, look for covers that have at least 12 gauge vinyl. The lighter vinyl varieties can get damaged fairly quickly forcing you to replace the cover frequently.
- Canvas – Canvas grill covers are very heavy and durable. Canvas is used in tents, shoes and boat sails as well showing how durable and long lasting it is. Canvas covers are long lasting and you can treat them to become fireproof and weatherproof. They can be fairly inexpensive and make an excellent alternative to other grill covers.
Features of a Barbecue Cover
There are several things that you want to look at when shopping around for grill covers. The three main keys in selecting the right cover for your grill. These keys include fit, sturdy material, and the presence of tie down straps.
There are three important keys in selecting the correct grill cover for you grill. The first key is to purchase a cover that fits your grill. An improperly fitting cover will not protect your grill properly. The second important step is to choose a cover that is made out of a sturdy material. The final key to choosing the correct grill cover is to choose one that has some kind of tie down mechanism. We have provided some pointers to look for when you are ready to do some shopping.
- Inside Lining – The inner lining of a grill cover has an important job. It helps the grill cover last longer by preventing tears, exposure and fading. Look for liners that are resistant to mildew and mold. PVC is an excellent lining and its waterproof as well. Avoid such linings as fleece and wool. They can foster mold or house bugs very easily. Other great lining choices are nylon and polyester.
- Size and Shape – You will need the dimensions of your grill before shopping so you can ensure that the different grill covers you consider will fit your grill. If the cover is too large it will be difficult to keep it on during a windy day or storm. It the cover is too small you will notice that the seams and edges will tear and rip easily even if it doesn’t happen right away. Pay attention to the shape of your grill as well. The majority of grills have the same basic shape. Choosing the right shape cover will protect the grill from the different elements that can cause rust and other problems.
- Durability – Durability is a very important characteristic in a grill cover. Covers that are made from heavy duty fabrics that are designed to stand up to the elements and a lot of use will do a much better job protecting the grill. Another benefit to a heavy duty grill cover is less likelihood that it will blow away in a strong wind. These heavy duty grill covers offer the most protection for the grill. Premium covers will be much more tolerant of heat than flimsy ones will. A premium cover will resist heat which means you don’t have to wait until the grill is stone cold before you replace the cover.
- Straps – One of the most important keys to choosing the right grill cover is whether it comes with tie down straps or not. You want to be sure that the grill cover you choose can be secured safely by snapping down the tie downs over or around the legs. This ensures that even in a windstorm, the cover will remain in place, protecting the grill from rain, hail, snow, and other elements.
A lot of grill covers come with these tie downs since they are so important to keeping the cover in place even in a storm or on a windy day.
A grill won’t last if it is not properly protected. The best way to ensure that the grill stays in great condition is to get a good quality grill cover. A heavy duty, quality grill cover will keep dried leaves, dust, debris, animal waste and pollen off of your grill.
The cover also prevents the weather from corroding and rusting the grill which will extend the life of the grill. Another benefit to the grill cover is that you won’t have to clean the grill as much. Every time the grill is not in use it should be covered.
Some grill cover manufacturers make grill covers that are specific to the grill brand. This can be useful if you can find the right one for your specific grill. Brand specific grill covers will cost more since they are so specialized. Generic covers work just as well and can have the same quality as brand specific covers but they cost a lot less.
The three top rated grill covers we have featured above are covers that will work on many different brands of grill as long as the dimensions are correct. They are priced well and have many features that make them even more useful in keeping your grill looking good as new.
Barbecue grills can be very expensive so it is in your best interest to find a grill cover that will provide the protection you need. The cover will protect your investment and ensure that you’re cooking great meals on your barbecue grill for a long time to come.