Top 10 Household Cleaners
|Picture||Household Cleaners||Quantity (fl oz)||Fragrance|
|Mrs. Meyer’s||32.00||Lavender |
|Better Life||32.00||Unscented |
|Goo Gone||32.00||Citrus |
|Mr. Clean||40.00||Meadows, Rain|
Household Cleaner Comparison
Household Cleaner Buying Guide
Cleaning Kit Recommendations
Even if cleaning isn’t your favorite activity, it is important to keep up with in your home to ensure a great smelling and looking house. Clean homes are healthier and just nicer to be in than a house that is cluttered and dirty.
There are some basic “tools” that every home should have to make cleaning your home super convenient and easy. We have listed the most commonly used cleaning tools that are recommended to have all you need to get your home clean.
- Good quality household cleaner
- Sponges for dishes
- Rags for cleaning counters, appliances, etc
- Good quality mop
- Good quality broom
- Dishwashing liquid
- Scrubby for cleaning pots, pans and dried food on countertops
- Stainless steel cleaner
- Bucket for the mop
- Dust pan
- Caddy to hold all supplies in
- Paper towels
- Glass cleaner
- Specialty cleaners (Bathroom, Kitchen, etc)
When you have all the supplies you need for cleaning, you will find that it’s much easier to keep up with and want to do. No one likes trying to clean when they don’t have the supplies they need so keep this kit and a few extra bottles of cleaners on hand for whenever you want to or need to clean.
Cleaners to Have on Hand
Household cleaners are usually multi-purpose or specialty. It is a good idea to have both all purpose household cleaners and some specialty cleaners as well. We have listed the most common types of cleaners that you should make sure you have on hand in your home. These cleaners will take care of all of your housecleaning needs.
- All purpose Household Cleaner – The all purpose cleaner will work on the majority of household surfaces that you want to clean in your home. These include sinks, stovetops, countertops, floors, tubs and more.
- Granite/Stone Cleaner – If you have granite countertops in your kitchen you will want to get a special stone cleaner to avoid damaging the countertop. Using regular cleaners on these special countertops can cause damage over time so for long term beauty and durability it is better to use a cleaner that is specially formulated for use on these beautiful stone counters.
- Glass Cleaner – Glass cleaners are used for cleaning windows, sliding glass doors, French doors, front doors with glass panels in them, storm doors, mirrors and chrome fixtures. Using glass cleaner will prevent streaks and film from being left behind.
- Wood Cleaner – You shouldn’t use regular household cleaner on furniture because it could strip the finish. There are many types of wood cleaners on the market that are perfect for cleaning bed frames, tables, coffee tables, and other wood furniture pieces. There are specialty cleaners for wood floors as well that can clean them without stripping the finish. Make sure not to use too much water when cleaning your wood furniture or floors as it can ruin the finish.
- Tile/Grout Cleaner – Dirty grout can make your whole bathroom look dingy and unclean. Having a good grout and tile cleaner on hand can ensure that your bathroom and/or kitchen tile and grout stay looking brand new. When cleaning tile floors, use something that is mild so the tile and grout doesn’t get damaged by the acids that can be in some tile cleaners. Most tile and grout cleaners are best suited for bathroom and shower walls.
The Importance of Cleaning Your Home
There are many benefits to cleaning your home properly. Below we have listed the main areas that make up your home and why it is so important to keep them clean with the right household cleaners.
- Kitchens – Your kitchen can be one of the most dangerous places in your home when it comes to germs and bacteria. There are tons of tiny micro-organisms that can be present that can infect the food you are preparing and eating. This can result in you and your family becoming sick. It is possible to get food poisoning and many other stomach bugs from having an unclean, germy kitchen. If you use the right household cleaner, and make sure that it is a disinfectant as well, you will kill as much as 99.9% of these harmful germs and bacteria.
- Bathrooms – Bathrooms are also germy places that can cause a lot of illness if not properly and regularly cleaned. It’s a job most people don’t like but it is critical in keeping your family healthy. There are many different types of surfaces in your bathroom that require different types of cleaners. A good quality household cleaner can be used on your sink and tub and even your countertop depending on the materials used. But it is good to have toilet bowl cleaner, tile cleaner and glass cleaner as well to do a really thorough job.
- Living Areas – Your living room and/or den can become cluttered and messy if you are not careful. It’s where the majority of your family spends their time which means a bigger chance of germs and dirt ending up in there. Take the time to clean the carpets, upholstery, floors and don’t forget dusting as well. Keeping the living areas clean will improve the health of your family and help to prevent the spread of germs and illnesses. Dusting is very important, especially if any family members have allergies. Dust contains mold spores, animal dander and dust mites so letting it build up can cause reactions in you or your family members.
Household cleaners are a very important part of keeping your home clean, germ free and looking and smelling great. Once you find one that meets your needs, make sure that you always have some on hand for last minute cleaning and regular deep cleaning of all the rooms in your home.
All the different choices don’t have to mean that you have to try all of them, but it does give you a lot to choose from in terms of fragrances, capabilities and price points. The right household cleaners are going to work on the majority, if not all, of the surfaces in your home. The result will be healthier family members and a beautiful, clean-smelling home that you are proud to live.