Top 10 Parchment Papers
|Picture||Parchment Papers||Material ||Shape ||Size (Square inches) |
|Kirkland||Silicone ||Rectangle ||29,520|
|Boolik||Silicone ||Rectangle ||5,940|
|Beyond||Paper ||Rectangle ||1,152|
|Smart||Paper ||Round ||678|
|Wilton||Paper ||Rectangle ||5,904|
|Helen’s||Paper ||Round ||1,417|
|IYC||Silicone ||Rectangle ||10,080|
|Regency||Paper ||Round ||1,885|
|Worthy||Paper ||Round ||1,347|
|Norpro||Paper ||Rectangle ||10,512|
Parchment Paper Comparison
Parchment Paper Buying Guide
The major use for parchment paper is to line baking pans so the food you are baking doesn’t stick to the pan. You won’t have to grease your pans when you use parchment paper and you will be amazed at how easy it is to clean up. Cooking cakes and cookies has never been so easy for you. The parchment paper lined sheets and pans allow the food to just slip right off.
Using parchment paper allows cooks to pick up a whole batch of cookies from the pan and just slide them onto a wire rack without having to get your fingers burned. You can even use parchment to make disposable pastry bags and it is perfect for cooking foods en papillote. This is an envelope that is made from the parchment and the food and seasonings are put inside the envelope and cooked that way.
We’re just getting started telling you all the different ways parchment paper can be a useful item for you to keep in your kitchen at all times. We’ve listed some of the most common uses for it below:
- Lining cookies sheets, cake pans, baking dishes – If you love to bake cookies you will love how easy parchment paper makes this fun baking activity. It is perfect for baking cookies of all kinds, even down to the most delicate of cookies. You can use the same parchment for several batches of cookies if you are baking more than one batch at a time. You can also line basked pasta dishes, lasagna pans and cake pans for delicious dishes without the nightmare of baked on foods to worry about later. A quick tip is to lightly spray the cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray before you place the parchment on the pan. This helps the parchment stay in place.
- Use as a “bowl” when mixing dry ingredients – Parchment paper can be placed on a counter and you can sift the dry ingredients for your recipe right onto the parchment. Once you are done, just lift up the parchment carefully and pour it right into your bowl to add the wet ingredients. Doing this eliminates another dish to wash and keeps everything in one place.
- Store Leftovers Efficiently – Parchment paper is the perfect way to store leftovers so they are ready to be reheated and enjoyed the second time around. Just place a piece of parchment between chicken, pizza slices, burgers or any individual foods. You can also use it to separate patties and other foods during the freezing process so you can keep them separate.
- Wrap baked goods neatly – Use parchment to carefully wrap up your baked goods and then tie them with twine for a neat and simply elegant food gift.
- Great for Unique Dinners – Place vegetables and meat inside a parchment paper envelope, put oil on the top and wrap up tightly then bake in the oven after laying the envelopes on a cookie sheet. No clean up really, just toss the envelopes away and rinse the baking sheet off.
- Make Unique Placemats for the Kids – Parchment paper makes perfect placemats for the kids that contain the mess and make clean up super simple; just toss them away when dinner is over.
- Preserve the Cleanliness of Your Microwave – Cover your dishes with a piece of parchment when microwaving so there is far less splatter. You will be thankful you did when you see how much cleaner your microwave is.
- Fun and Easy Snack Cones – Make fun French fry cones at home with parchment paper. Roll the parchment into a cone and secure with tape, then fill with delicious hot fries. After you’re done just toss the cones away.
- Can replace cupcake papers if needed – If you find yourself unexpectedly without muffin cup inserts, parchment can be cut into 5” squares and then after spraying the muffin pan, press the squares down into each cup. To avoid folds in your cupcakes or muffins, press the parchment firmly against all sides of the cup.
- Doubles as a cooling space – If you’re cooking large batches of cookies and run out of cooling racks, spread parchment paper onto your counters and slide the cookies onto the sheets of parchment to cook without worry of them sticking.
Parchment paper can be a real lifesaver when it comes to saving yourself a big mess after cooking and baking. Whether it’s cookies you are baking or several lasagnas, using parchment paper can shave tons of time off of your clean up processes afterwards. It makes a big difference in how easy your cookies, cakes, breads and many other foods come out of the dishes or slide off the baking sheets.
Even though there are not drastic differences in parchment paper from one company to the next, there are some brands out there that are flimsy and that tear easily which only add to your messes. You want to look for parchment paper that is durable, thicker and easy to use.
All three of the top rated choices we have featured here for you are from excellent companies that know that parchment paper should be thicker and non stick to be the most useful for baking and cooking applications. Any one of them is an excellent choice to add to your kitchen to cover a multitude of kitchen cooking and baking tasks.
The information that we have provided for you has shown you just how useful parchment paper can be in your own kitchen. You will be able to sort through the different choices and choose the right one for your needs that you will not be able to live without. Once you have used a good quality parchment paper you will never go back to greasing pans again.