I’m sure you’ll agree that a foosball table must be the right height, solidly constructed, and have rods that move fluidly for smooth play.
That was our top criteria for selecting the best foosball table.
If you want to get right to playing, the Carrom Oak Foosball table scored high marks in all categories and is our top pick for your game night.
Top 10 Foosball Tables
|Sport Squad||ABS Plastic||12|
|Kick||Wood Grain||Limited Lifetime|
Foosball Table Comparison
|Burr Oak |
|ABS Plastic||Wood Grain |
|ABS Plastic||ABS Plastic||ABS Plastic||Burr Oak|
|50.30 x 36.00||48.00 x 27.61||46.00 x 26.75||40.50 x 23.00||40.00 x 20.00||48.00 x 24.00||50.30 x 36.00||55.00 x 30.00||56.00 x 29.50||30.00 x 18.75|
/ Burr Oak
Foosball Table Buying Guide
What is a Foosball Table
Foosball is a fun and exciting game that is played on a special table, and it’s similar to a game of mini soccer. Two of four players will play at a time and try to score goals by moving the miniature men that are attached to eight different poles that run the length of the table. Each player in the game will control either four or eight poles using the various rubber handles. These handles are flicked with a quick action of the wrist, and the ball can therefore be kicked into the goal. This is not only a delightful recreational activity for children and adults alike, but it’s also an intense competitive sport. There are even World Championships and World Cup competitions for foosball that are played annually, and there is even the International Soccer Federation which was established in 2002. This organization was created to give foosball exposure as an international sport.
Owning a foosball table is a fantastic choice and makes a wonderful addition to any home game room, youth club, arcade, or sports bar. It can be daunting when you look to buy a foosball table because there are so many to choose from, and there are a number of specific factors that one should consider, such as where to buy it, where you will place it, and how much you’re willing to spend. You’ll also want to take into account what your skill level and aspirations are.
Different Types of Foosball Tables
- Standalone Foosball Table: This kind of table is larger and more expensive than the alternatives, but it’s truly the most durable and best quality. If you want a table that will stand the test of time, and you have the space, then you definitely want to invest in a standalone model. Also, keep in mind that you need to make sure you have enough space available for one of these.
- Tabletop Foosball Table: This kind of table will not have legs. It’s an autonomous surface that can be removed and cleared from the space at any time. That’s why this is a great choice if you have limited space, or already have a gaming table that you want to place the foosball table on top of. Also, this kind of table is going to be less expensive.
5 Things to Look for in a Foosball Table
You’ll find that foosball tables range in price quite dramatically, starting at under $100 to way over $1,000. Once you figure out how much you’re willing to spend, you can also choose between a new or used foosball table; however, new is always recommended. Here are some other components that you want to take into account when purchasing a table:
- Table Size: A standard foosball table is 30 inches in width and 56 inches in length. You need to take into account how much space you have available and whether you’re willing to purchase a full sized table. Also keep in mind that the playing rods protrude from each side of the table, and there still needs to be room for the players to stand on either side. If you want a full sized table, then you should have at least 7 feet by 8 feet of space to play. If you want a more inexpensive table for young children then consider purchasing a smaller tabletop version.
- Player Skill: The type of table you buy should reflect your skill level, and what your aspirations for improvement are. If you have a goal to improve your skills, then there’s a good chance that you will be using the table more frequently and will therefore need a more durable model. Because tables vary so greatly in quality, you need to address where your skills currently are.
- Table Materials: You’ll find that less expensive foosball tables will be made of cheap particle board, and with time and use, this material weakens. Wood can easily warp, and this causes the playing surface to become uneven, which is disastrous for foosball. Also, the joins can loosen with all the banging and twisting that is involved in moving the rods. A good way to check for quality workmanship is to see if the materials are less than half of an inch thick, and if the table is lighter than 70 pounds. A table with these specifications will be cheaper, but the quality will not be as good. You’ll find that the highest quality tables are made from solid wood or composite.
- Steel Rods: When you’re looking to purchase a top quality table that is suitable for serious foosball players, then you definitely want steel rods that are hollow inside. You’ll find that hollow rods are much lighter than solid rods, and this allows more speed of movement during playing. Since they’re lighter, they also prevent hand, wrist, and forearm fatigue.
- Adjustable Table Legs: Most Foosball tables are 36 inches in height, and this is suitable for older teens and adults. Should younger players wish to play and develop their skills, then they’ll need the table set at a lower height. When you want a table that will be used for more than one person then you should purchase a table with height adjustable legs. These legs can usually be adjusted by a few inches, and this makes the table more flexible to accommodate everyone in the family. High quality tables will not only have adjustable legs, but they’ll also feature levelers on the base of the table legs. This means that you can even use the table on an uneven floor.
Owning a foosball table in your home is a wonderful way to enjoy this delightful game anytime you want. Everyone in the family can enjoy playing, and with so many tables to choose from, you’re sure to find something that’s just perfect for you and all your family members. When looking for the right foosball table for you, there are a number of important things to take into consideration, and the buyer’s guide was intended to help you discover what kind of features you might want to look for in your table. If you plan on truly honing your skills, then it’s smart to purchase a high quality table that you know will stand the test of time. If you will only use the table occasionally, and you really don’t have much space, then go ahead and get a cheaper tabletop version, and still enjoy the fun without the extra expense.
No matter what foosball table you choose, you’re going to be delighted by having it in your home. Foosball is an internationally recognized game that many people take quite seriously, and with some hours of practice you can certainly improve your skills. If you’re ready for a very high quality table, then purchasing one of the top rated foosball tables mentioned above is a smart choice. These are the models that have proved time and again that they can withstand some serious playing over the years.